Print PDF Version
I, , hereby apply for Designated REALTOR®/REALTOR® Primary/Secondary Membership in the above-named Board, enclosing my payment in the amount of $ , for a one time application fee and $ , for my 2020 dues. I understand that my dues will be returned to me in the event I am not accepted into membership and that the application fee is nonrefundable. In the event my application is approved, I agree as a condition of Membership to complete the indoctrination course of the above named Board, if any, and otherwise on my initiative to thoroughly familiarize myself with the Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, which includes the duty to arbitrate contractual disputes in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and the Missouri Supplement thereto and the Constitutions, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the above named Board, the State Association, and the National Association. I further agree that my act of applying shall evidence my initial and continuing commitment to abide by the aforementioned Code of Ethics, Constitutions, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and duty to arbitrate, all as from time to time amended. Finally, I consent and authorize the Board, through its Membership Committee or otherwise, to be privileged and not form the basis of any action by me for slander, libel or defamation of character.
Applicant acknowledges that if accepted as a Member and he/she subsequently resigns or is expelled from membership in the Board with an ethics complaint or arbitration request pending, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon the applicant’s verification that he/she will submit to the pending ethics or arbitration proceeding and will abide by the decision of the Hearing Panel; or if applicant resigns or is expelled from membership without having complied with an award in arbitration, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon his/her payment of the award, plus any costs that have previously been established as due and payable, in relation thereto, provided that the award and such costs have not, in the interim, been otherwise satisfied. In the event a Member sues the Board and does not prevail, he/she has to pay the Board’s attorney fees and expenses.
NOTICES: REALTOR® Dues are not refundable.
1. Part of your 2020 dues structure includes ($40) that will be set aside by the Missouri REALTORS® to be used for issues activity. These monies will fund an “issues reserve fund” and may be used in the discretion of the Association to promote or oppose issues that affect REALTORS®.
2. Your 2020 dues includes a $35.00 mandatory assessment by the National Association of REALTORS® for all REALTOR® and REALTOR® Associate members to fund a nationwide Consumer Advertising Campaign (formally known as the Public Awareness Campaign) which includes radio, TV network and cable ads highlighting the value a REALTOR® brings to a transaction and stressing the importance of using a REALTOR®. Please note that the entire $35.00 Consumer Advertising Campaign assessment qualifies as fully deductible.
3. Dues payments are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. However, dues payments may be deductible as an ordinary business expense. It is recommended that you contact your personal tax adviser about business deductions.
4. Contributions to RPAC are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions are voluntary and used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. Your contribution is split between National RPAC and the State PAC in your state. Contact your State Association or PAC for information about the percentages of your contribution provided to National RPAC and to the State PAC. The National RPAC portion is used to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116 We need your help with donations to reach our goal, thank you!
5. Missouri REALTORS PAC, Inc. may not accept contributions from natural persons who are not United States citizens, foreign governments, foreign corporations that are not registered to do business in Missouri, candidate committees, political party committees, campaign committees, exploratory committees, or debt service committees. Article VIII, Section 23.3(12) & (16).
6. The Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 contains a provision that eliminates the deductibility of lobbying expenses of corporations and trade associations as a business expense for federal income tax purposes. Therefore, the 2020 dues paid to local, state and national associations will be nondeductible to the extent of that association’s lobbying expenditures on state and federal issues.
Since GSBOR has less than $2,000 of expenses for lobbying on state and federal issues, the nondeductible portion of your local Board’s/Association’s dues is zero. Please note below, the amount of state and national dues which REALTORS® are not able to deduct on their federal tax returns as business expenses.
Estimated Lobbying Expense Percentage – Non Deductible Portion National Association of REALTORS®38% or $57.00 (Annual NAR Dues $150.00)
Missouri REALTORS®30% or $58.50 (Annual Designated REALTOR® State Dues, $195.00)30% or $54.00 (Annual REALTOR® Dues $180.00)
TOTAL NON-DEDUCTIBLE PORTION (DESIGNATED REALTORS®) $115.50TOTAL NON-DEDUCTIBLE PORTION (REALTORS®) $111.00
[Designated REALTOR® and REALTOR® membership includes Local, State, and National Association]
Name (As it appears on license):
Date of Birth:
Are you fluent in any language other than English?
If so, in what languages are you fluent?
Individual License/Work Permit #:
License Issue Date
Have you previously held membership in this or any other REALTOR® Association?
If so, of what Board were you a member?
Are you transferring from another Board?
If so, from what Board are you transferring?
Will you primarily be working with an agent or team within the office that holds your license?
If yes, provide the name of agent you will be assisting:
Primary Board of REALTORS®:
I hereby certify that the foregoing information furnished by me is true and correct, and I agree that failure to provide complete and accurate information as requested, or a misstatement of fact, may be grounds for revocation of my membership, if granted. I agree that, if accepted for membership in the Association, I shall pay the fees and dues as from time to time established.
NOTE: Application Fees and Dues are Non-Refundable. Application must be received within 30 days of License Issue Date
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Membership Application
Agree & Sign